[APG Public List] Civil War question

Kathy Gunter Sullivan sully1 at carolina.rr.com
Sun Jan 24 12:58:35 MST 2010

I have an instance for a man but not quite as old as your example. This
man was age 51. His Union Army service was family lore. I was skeptical,
but, his widow, Lucinda, received a government pension for his service.
I also obtained his service record (enlisted for a 60-day tour of duty
in July 1862 and died of a bullet wound in September 1862).

Kathy

Kathy Gunter Sullivan
Charlotte, North Carolina