[APG Public List] Civil War question

Alvie L. Davidson CG floridasearch at verizon.net
Sun Jan 24 11:00:30 MST 2010

Many men of advanced age for the time served in "home guard" units which
stuck around the homefront to protect the villages and towns.  One of my
ancestors was member.

I am not going to take away from the fact an older man of that era could sit
a horse and ride as good as the next person.  But for the most part a man
over 50 yrs old in that time frame was in his twilight years.

Alvie L. Davidson CG
Lakeland, Florida
http://alviesgenealogyspot.blogspot.com

Board for Certification of Genealogists