[APG Public List] Florida Information on 1945 Census

Alvie L. Davidson CG floridasearch at verizon.net
Sun Jan 24 03:34:10 MST 2010

I was researching a person this morning who appears in the 1945 FL State
Census listed in Ancestry.  I found him listed with his family in Volusia
County, FL but in the same year I found him in Orange County in a typed
census page along with about 200 other men who were in the service (no
branch was mentioned).  In almost all cases the full name of the person was
given on this typed list.

If anyone wants to find these several pages to see if a missing ancestor
might appear look for John Stevens Lavin, age 35, born in IL.  Anyhow this
person was a casualty of WWII and was later listed as missing in action.  I
find it difficult to imagine John Stevens Lavin appearing in the 1945 FL
State Census and his name appears on a Missing In Action list with date 21
Jan 1945.

If you want to look at this list it is interesting how so many folks were
from all over the US and not just Floridians.

Alvie L. Davidson CG
Lakeland, Florida
http://alviesgenealogyspot.blogspot.com

Board for Certification of Genealogists