[APG Public List] genealogy writing competitions

vctinney at sbcglobal.net vctinney at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 20 22:49:41 MST 2010

I hesitate to write concerning genealogy
writing competitions, since my resources
may not seem immediate to the subject.
Nevertheless, I have recently updated
Accelerated Teacher Resources
http://www.academic-genealogy.com/teachers.htm

Two items which may be of great interest;
in having a scholarly "sandbox", which can
be revised and revisited, and internationally
peer reviewed, by the worldwide genealogy
and family history professional organizations.
AT THE SAME TIME, to establish permanent
immediate recognition within higher education;
which can subsequently be published in select
local, regional and various national-international
genealogy writing competitions.

First: Listed under sub section
Professional
Communications & Teacher Education
.. . .
[Connexionsis supportedby the
William and Flora Hewlett Foundation,
Maxfield Foundation, and Connexions
Consortium
Connexions: registered trademark of Rice University.]
.. . .
Connexions - Sharing Knowledge
and Building Communities
Collection of free scholarly materials and
a powerful set
of freesoftware
tools to help.
View and share
educational material made
of small knowledge chunks called modules
that can be organized as courses, books,
reports, etc. Anyone may view or
contribute:
authors create and collaborate; instructors
rapidly build
and share custom collections;
learners find and explore content.

Noted article quote:
A Grand Challenge for the Humanities
and Social
Sciences
http://cnx.org/content/m14141/latest/
.. . .

"Creating this integrated, networked cultural
record
will require intensive collaboration
among scholars as well as cooperation with
librarians, curators, and archivists; the
involvement of experts in the
sciences, law,
business, and entertainment; and active
participation from and
endorsement by
the general public.  Enabling anything like
seamless access to the
cultural record
will require developing tools to navigate
among vast catalogs of
born-digital and
digitized materials, as well as the records
of physical
materials: it will also require
addressing daunting problems in digital
preservation, copyright, and economic
sustainability. The return on this
investment
will be a humanities and social science
cyberinfrastructure that will
allow new
questions to be asked, new patterns
and relations to be discerned, and
deep
structures in language, society, and culture
to be exposed and
explored."

Second: Listed under sub section
Media & Instruction for Schools
.. . .
Centre for Learning
& Performance Technologies
Making sense of e-learning trends,
technologies and tools.  This is now
"one of the world's most-visited
learning sites on the web."
Learning Tools Directory
2010

Blogging, Web & Wiki
Tools
Browsers, Players
& Readers
Communication
Tools
Document &
Presentation Tools
Image, Audio &
Video Tools
Instructional
Tools
Live
Tools
Micro-Blogging
Tools
Mobile
Tools
Personal
Productivity Tools
Social Networking
& Collaboration Spaces
- More
Collaboration Tools

Respectfully yours,

Tom Tinney, Sr.
Who's Who in America,
Millennium Edition [54th] through 2004
Who's Who In Genealogy and Heraldry, [both editions]
Family Genealogy & History Internet Education Directory
http://www.academic-genealogy.com/