[APG Public List] genealogy writing competitions

jfonkert at aol.com jfonkert at aol.com
Tue Jan 19 18:21:13 MST 2010

Hello from Minnesota.  I am preparing an article encouraging genealogy
researchers to write research reports.  I want to encourage people to be  brave
enough to submit their writing for peer review.  I am aware of
competitions sponsored by NGS, ASG and ISFHWE, but would like to know about  genealogy
writing competitions sponsored by other regional, statewide or  national
organizations.  If you know of a competition, please let me (and  others) know.
 Among other things, I would be interested to know if a  competition
provides written comments to entrants.

Jay Fonkert,  CG
_http://fourgenerationsgenealogy.blogspot.com/_
(http://fourgenerationsgenealogy.blogspot.com/)
Saint  Paul, MN

Member, Association of Professional  Genealogists
(professional profile at _www.apgen.org)_ (http://www.apgen.org)/)
Member, Genealogical  Speakers Guild
(professional profile at _http://www.genealogicalspeakersguild.org/)_
(http://www.genealogicalspeakersguild.org/))

CG (Certified Genealogist) is a service mark of the Board for
Certification of Genealogists, used under license by Board-certified associates  after
periodic competency evaluations.