[APG Public List] Research into Illegitimate Births in Europe

treviawbeverly treviawbeverly at comcast.net
Thu Jan 14 11:51:41 MST 2010

I do a lecture entitled "Lost Babes. Child apprentices, those "branded" in
records, orphans train riders & others." Here are several references you may
be interested in. The subject has many, many more references.

http://www.alanmacfarlane.com/TEXTS/BASTARDY.PDF
Herndon, Ruth Wallis. Unwelcome Americans; Living on the Margin in Early New
England (Philadelphia: University Press, 2001).
Bellemore, Marilyn. The Exter Bastard Files: To ease tax burden, Exeter once
carted away unwed mothers  (2005).

 Sanborn, Melinde Lutz. Lost Babes. Fornication Abstracts From Court Records
Essex County, Massachusetts 1692 to 1745 (1992).

Trevia Wooster Beverly

Houston, Texas