[APG Public List] Research into Illegitimate Births in Europe

Melanie Holtz melanie_holtz at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 14 11:49:30 MST 2010

Michol said:

"Are there similar references works to cover the subject in the U.S. that you would recommend?"

Not that I know of, Michol, for my research has focused on Italy and other Catholic countries.  One other book I can recommend with a European focus is:

"The Art of Midwifery: early modern midwives in Europe" by Hilary Marland

You can see some of it on Google books.  It's important to understand the midwives role in illegitimate births.

  http://books.google.com/books?id=rbSSQ9OyZFkC&pg=PA5&dq=Nadia+Fillipini&cd=1#v=onepage&q=slovakia&f=false

Sincerely,

Melanie D. Holtz, CG
Holtz Research Services
http://holtzresearch.com

after periodic competency evaluations by the Board.