[APG Public List] Question on London, England, census, birth place discrepancies. Ignore previous.

LBoswell laboswell at rogers.com
Tue Jan 12 09:00:29 MST 2010

Marriage record for William Loe, bachelor, shoemaker, res Bethnal Green, and
Frances Dunnell, spinster, Bethnal Green, shows William's father as James
Loe, deceased.   Date of marriage 9 Aug 1871.  [consistent with census
entries regarding his father].

His brother Alfred's marriage entry (28 Jan 1866) lists father James Loe,
shoemaker (so James may have died between 1866 and 1871, narrowing down
range a bit)

I think I would add William's birth certificate, to put a wrap on this.
Would also suggest the necessity of obtaining his parent's marriage
certificate, and father's death certificate (some likely 'hits' on freebmd
death index).  That would solidify thngs

Now I should get back to writing source citations for a long report (I
should have done them fully 'as I went' but I hate writing source citations
and had just made rough notes).  Anyone want some London look ups?

 Larry