[APG Public List] Two Death Dates

Charles S. Mason, Jr. cgrs791 at netscape.com
Tue Jan 5 09:09:12 MST 2010

Bob,

When ever people used preprinted forms form they can cause us problems.  I recently got a copy of a death certificate that someone use part of the preprinted year and wrote in the rest of the year. All that needed to be added was the last number of the year.  Instead of doing that they crossed out part of the preprinted year and added handwritten numbers making the year 1998.  This was for a death that took place in 1899.  I knew this was wrong because the death certificates were filed by year.  Also the certificate contained the date it was recorded which had the correct year, 1899.  We really do have to look at each piece of information on certificates for accuracy.

Chuck Mason