[APG Public List] Two Death Dates

Donna McClure dmc68 at nycap.rr.com
Mon Jan 4 20:14:48 MST 2010

Bob,

I'm inclined to agree with you on the year error occurring due to the start
of a new year.  I was dating things '09 all day today myself. :)

Try fultonhistory.com for more Brooklyn Eagle issues.  They list having
1841-1955.  I did a quick search for him and came up with entries for 1910s.
but not his obituary.  I did find a 8/14/1915 death notice which included a
home address for a Georgie Emma Law, wife of Alexander.  I'm guessing that
could be part of why you say he didn't have a good year.

This site has an enormous amount of data from newspapers for mostly Upstate
New York.  The site takes a bit to learn to get around it.  You can search
from the home page.  Or to get to a list of newspapers,click the link at the
bottom "View Fulton Historical Photos".  In the 3rd row down on the page
that comes up, click the link "Old New York State Historical Newspapers".
At the top of the page from that link, you can click "download this index as
an Excel file".  This file lists clickable links to the newspapers as well
as show the dates covered.

I hope this is helpful in your search.

Donna McClure
Albany, NY
deep in the heart of Upstate New York :)