[APG Public List] Two Death Dates

robert mclaren bobmclaren at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 4 18:05:53 MST 2010

OK, I need new glasses!!  The date confusion is as I stated with death date given as Jan 1, 1916 (1915 was preprinted and the five written over by the six), and burial date given as Jan 4, 1915.  However, I completely missed the MD stating when he died.  He stated he died on the 1 day of Jan 1916 at 8 a.m.  I read right over the date.

So, it is now obvious that the 1915 date is in error.  Any checks that undertaker wrote would be dated a year too early <grin>.

So, I am sorry for bringing this up when the answer was right in front of me.  I will still look for an obit since that may have family information, but checking and seeing whether the year was 1915 or 1916 is not necessary.

Very red faced, and signing off.

Yours aye,

Bob McLaren