[APG Public List] {APG Public List] pre-writing obituaries

Myrtle1893 at att.net Myrtle1893 at att.net
Mon Jan 4 16:11:03 MST 2010

I ran into the issue when my mother passed away a few years ago.  The obituary publication was quite costly due to price increases at the local newspaper so my siblings decided on a very short notice.  The funeral home did however have a web site that allowed much longer obits for no charge and we did expand the information there.

I also compiled a document for the funeral home files that listed all births and deaths in the family plot and gave a brief genealogy of the family members buried there just in case a future researcher or family member is looking for information.  They were very happy to have the information for their files.
--
Happy researching,
Sandy Johansen