[APG Public List] predeceased by infant children

Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer christine3cats at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 21:03:37 MST 2010

The information in obituaries is usually supplied by a family member, so it
would be up to them whether predeceased infant children are mentioned. Some
people might not think these are importaint. 18 months before I was born, my
mother had a baby who lived only a day, but I knew from several things she
had said that he was very important to her, so I listed him in her obituary.
One of her college roommates, who was also the Godmother of my living
brother, commented to me (after reading the obit) that she wondered why my
mother hadn't mentioned Mark to her. I am sure that at the time it was a
harrowing loss, and later, it would have been hard to bring up the subject.

Christine

--
Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer
Hyde Park, NY