[APG Public List] predeceased by infant children

Michael John Neill mjnrootdig at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 15:25:11 MST 2010

There are a variety of reasons why individuals can be left out, regardless
of whether they died as infants or adults. It is always imperative to
remember that personalities can play a huge role in these things in addition
to the cost of the obituary itself.

My grandparents lost two children as infants. They were mentioned in the
obituaries of all four of their grandparents and  in the obituary of my
grandfather (who was their father). Grandma had no obituary (or death
notice) when she passed, so that doesn't apply (and is a whole 'nuther
story). My Mother (their sister) told me that they are to be included in her
obituary when that time comes.

My great-uncle's second wife wrote his obituary when he passed a few years
ago. His three daughters (who were still living nearby) with his first wife
were not mentioned. His son with his second wife (also alive nearby) was not
mentioned either.

Michael
Casefile Clues-Genealogy How-tos
http://www.casefileclues.com