[APG Public List] predeceased by infant children

Ida Skarson McCormick idamc at seanet.com
Sat Jan 2 03:46:54 MST 2010

At 08:21 AM 12/23/2009, Jean R. Legried wrote:
>At 06:28 AM 12/23/2009, Ida Skarson McCormick wrote:
>>In the case of 2 cousins who died in the last 6 months, one in
>>Michigan and one in Washington State, I have noticed that although
>>each lost a child in infancy, neither of those is in the obituary
>>"predeceased by" list. Is this a trend in the funeral industry?
>>There is not even an allusion to an "infant son."
>>
>>--Ida Skarson McCormick, idamc at seanet.com, Seattle
>
>Were these infant deaths talked about in the family? Perhaps the
>person(s) who gave the information for the obituary(ies) wasn't
>aware of the deaths, especially if it was an in-law.
>
>Jean

Perhaps it was just the coincidence of who was the informant. In one
case the informant was probably the second wife, not the mother of
the child who died in infancy. In the other case the informant was
probably a younger sibling of the one who died in infancy. Thanks.

--Ida Skarson McCormick, idamc at seanet.com, Seattle