[APG Public List] Citation Style and Genealogy Software

John john at jytangledweb.org
Sat Feb 27 10:23:16 MST 2010

On 2/27/2010 8:38 AM, Donna McR wrote:
> Hello:
> I'm sure that genealogy software program pros and cons have been
> thoroughly discussed here, but I am new to the list and really need some
> advice on a specific aspect.
> I have been using Legacy for years, updating through the various
> versions, and it has met my needs. More recently, I have begun using
> their source templates when inputting information.
> However, I'd like to switch (if needed) to a program which most closely
> follows the /Evidence Explained/ and /Chicago Manual of Style/ standards.
> I know that nothing substitutes for studying these and becoming familiar
> with the style myself in a pen-and-pencil way (which I am doing), but
> I'd like to use genealogy software that will support me best in this.
> I appreciate the benefit of your experience!
> Warmest Regards,
> Donna

Donna,

Legacy has recently embraced Evidence Style. See:

http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/TourSources-SourceWriter.asp

That page doesn't seem to say that but this page does (first
line):

http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/Compare.asp

I leave it to others as to whether to believe the rest of the comparison
page! But they seem to have made a good shot at making it Evidence Style
ready.