[APG Public List] Citation Style and Genealogy Software

Donna McR donna316 at tx.rr.com
Sat Feb 27 06:38:04 MST 2010

Hello:

I'm sure that genealogy software program pros and cons have been thoroughly discussed here, but I am new to the list and really need some advice on a specific aspect.

I have been using Legacy for years, updating through the various versions, and it has met my needs.  More recently, I have begun using their source templates when inputting information.

However, I'd like to switch (if needed) to a program which most closely follows the Evidence Explained and Chicago Manual of Style standards.

I know that nothing substitutes for studying these and becoming familiar with the style myself in a pen-and-pencil way (which I am doing), but I'd like to use genealogy software that will support me best in this.

I appreciate the benefit of your experience!

Warmest Regards,

Donna