[APG Public List] New control on Ancestry searches

Debbie Parker Wayne debbie at debbiewayne.com
Thu Feb 25 16:37:11 MST 2010

See
<http://blogs.ancestry.com/ancestry/2010/02/24/new-filtering-options-coming-to-new-search/>
for information on new name and place filtering options to be added
tomorrow (Friday) in both old and new search at Ancestry.

Someone at Ancestry is finally responding to all those mutterings under
our breath as we try to narrow down searches to find a specific person
in a specific place without narrowing it down to exact spelling. I am so
hoping this works well. I love wildcards, but sometimes wildcards just
don't do what I want. And if I'm searching in Milam County, Texas, I am
much more likely to want items in nearby Lee County, Texas, than those
in Alabama or Michigan.

I can't wait to try this out on some searches that have been frustrating
me for months and years.

--
Regards, Debbie

Debbie Parker Wayne