[APG Public List] client who ignores billing

Kate Foote kate at comm1net.net
Mon Feb 22 21:10:19 MST 2010

Hello Jeanette,

First let me say that I have not been closely following this thread, so my remarks are not specific to the topic of client billing. I would, however, like to state that I take issue with your statement (below) to Elizabeth. I have been doing genealogical research for over 40 years and I still have several problems that I have not identified! (I'll let you compute the hours. <g>)

As regards Elizabeth's description of developing a pattern, which I had no difficulty in understanding, I would consider that any researcher who claimed to have constructed a thorough and complete "pattern" in ten hours would immediately send up all my red flags! Even applying the most minimal standards (much less GPS standards) should require 30+ hours to develop a "pattern" depending on the many possible variables.

Regards,
Kate