[APG Public List] client who ignores billing

LBoswell laboswell at rogers.com
Mon Feb 22 06:45:38 MST 2010

and the other suggestion I meant to make was to break up the research into
smaller chunks, with payment expected at the end of each one.  You mentioned
40 hrs.  I wouldn't do that amount of research in one go.  I require
periodic payment as the research proceeds.  Maybe 10 hours worth, then a
summary report and payment for that portion. That way the person is
constantly building a stake in the project as it proceeds.

It also gives the client a chance to suspend the research for a period of
time, for financial or other reasons.

Larry Boswell BA, PLCGS
www.TheBackstairs.com
"Historical & Genealogical Research Services"
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
LaBoswell at rogers.com