[APG Public List] client who ignores billing

Rosalie Schack historyhunter at q.com
Sun Feb 21 19:07:47 MST 2010

Alice,

I had a client who did not send her payment, due upon receipt of the bill I sent. Each month I sent another bill, saying it was past due. After six months, when I was trying to decide if it was worth pursuing, she sent payment, with no explanation as to why it was late. The next year she wanted me to do more work for her. I told her I required payment up front, and I did not hear from her again. But I would definitely suggest sending another bill and waiting a reasonable amount of time, say 30 days, for that to be paid before you decide if you want to consult a lawyer.

Rosalie

Rosalie Eben Schack, CG
Owatonna, Minnesota