[APG Public List] client who ignores billing

Thehensons at aol.com Thehensons at aol.com
Sun Feb 21 13:02:05 MST 2010

Hello,

Any thoughts from your experiences with a client who has ignored my
billing?

History:  I received a $100.00 retainer in late October after meeting  with
a client to do genealogical work.  After using up the retainer, I  called
the client to see how many hours he would allow.  He said "40 hours"  to me
over the phone.

I completed the work,spending 24 hours, plus copies and postage.  In  late
December I sent him a bill and two large priority packages.  I haven't
received anything from him.

Should I call him or write him a letter?   Or, hire a  lawyer!  By the way,
I have two items that belong to him:  (1) a  family history written in 1943
and (2) a master's thesis written by a family  member in the 1970's.

Alice