[APG Public List] Re: Native American Research

PD outtolaunch at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 08:30:25 MST 2010

   I've been reading these posts with interest. Does anyone have any advice
for an amateur with no knowledge in the area of Native-American research,
seeking to confirm or disprove the family claim that my grandmother's uncle,
stationed at Ft. Sully, Dakota Territory from 1866 to 1869, was the father
of Native-American children? If the tale is true, I'd love to locate any
descendants. No financial interest, obviously.

   There's not a lot to go on, but at least it is a narrow time frame. He
was back in NYC for the 1870 census, and married there in 1872.

 Hopeless?

Peggy