[APG Public List] Question About Materials Presentation

Janey Joyce jejoyce at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 18 09:34:57 MST 2010

NEVER, NEVER highlight anything on a document.  A highlighted area does not photo copy well and is generally unacceptable in applications for organizations like the Daughters of the American Revolution, which now scans such documents.

So that the client can easily spot an ancestor's name on a record, I put a small checkmark in the margin of the document next to the line where the name appears.  I usually use red ink so that it really stands out but does not obscure the information.

Janey E. Joyce in San Antonio, Texas