[APG Public List] Important message about 2010 census

Claire Bettag claire at clairebettag.com
Wed Feb 17 19:56:17 MST 2010

You may know this already, but just in case...

This is an issue everyone on this list, I trust, will care about. Robert Ward, President of the Cape Cod Genealogical Society, has posted on the society's Web site, an article regarding the 2010 Census. He says "The Census Bureau and the National Archives have agreed to throw out the 2010 census forms after archiving statistical data. This means that seventy-two years later genealogists will see--nothing." Robert Ward and the society's Web master gave permission for the link to the article to be posted here:
> http://blog.capecodgensoc.org/2010/02/save-2010-census-no-images-to-be.html

I received updated information from NARA at the end of the day today saying that the decision is not yet final

So NOW is the time to contact the Archivist of the U.S., David Ferriero, the Director of the Census Bureau, Robert Groves, as well as members of Congress listed in the article.

Claire

Claire Bettag
1685 34th Street NW
Washington, DC 20007