[APG Public List] how to cite a transcription of a birth announcement from a newspaper

Elissa Scalise Powell, CG Elissa at PowellGenealogy.com
Tue Feb 16 19:36:30 MST 2010

Sounds like what you have is an index entry with a little more meat
(abstract) but just as we would not really cite the index in the book and
then close the book, you will need to obtain the actual copy of the
newspaper and then cite it as your source of information. Too much can go
wrong in an index/abstract and there are bound to be a lot more clues in the
original as well as putting it all in context.

My .02,

Elissa

Elissa Scalise Powell, CG

www.PowellGenealogy.com