[APG Public List] BCG news

Noreen Manzella nalexmanz at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 12 16:21:31 MST 2010

Nicely expressed, Nancy!

Sincerely,
Noreen

--- On Fri, 2/12/10, Nancy M. Lyons <nancyml at comcast.net> wrote:

From: Nancy M. Lyons <nancyml at comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [APG Public List] BCG news
To: apgpubliclist at apgen.org
Date: Friday, February 12, 2010, 4:03 PM

One thing I have learned over the years is that each of us has our own
particular combination of character/intellectual/emotional traits that make
us unique. Sometimes we enter into life's scenes comparing ourselves to
others  instead of being realistic about our own persona. We come to know
better as adults. I'll bet many of us who are considering taking the
certification step, and are wringing our hands (myself included) haven't
asked ourselves what do I bring to the genealogy table? I have to remind
myself what  problems have I solved and how did I proceed,  how did I know
what resources to use, how well did I use them, have I helped others along
the way, how did that turn out, etc.
I use to play tennis like I do genealogy ( I can't do anything a little
bit), and I told a tennis pro how intimidated I was with this opponent or
that opponent, and he said don't focus on their game/skills, play your own
game that's the only way you can win.
I know we all need reassurance, and I know this list is a means to that end.
It helps to know we are not alone, and that others will take the time to
help.
Regards
Nancy

Oh dear, this is so discouraging. Does one really have to be so accomplished
in order to earn one's CG? I was hoping to qualify but this makes me tremble
in my boots!

Valerie