[APG Public List] Occupation in Census

Kathy Hinckley hinckleyk at comcast.net
Tue Feb 9 13:46:50 MST 2010

On page 83 of my census book (Your Guide to the Federal Census) I describe
the 1810 and 1820 manufacturers schedules; I do not indicate that 1830 had
schedules.  These special schedules are separate from the population
schedule.  On page 84-85 of my book, I list where the originals are located
for each state; and on page 83 I reports that the manufacturing census
including the owner's name, location of establishment, number of employees,
kind and quantity of machinery, and capital invested.

Also, on page 243 of my book, the questions asked on the 1820 population
schedule did include number of persons engaged in agriculture, commerce, or
manufactures for each line item.

Kathleen W. Hinckley, CG
Certified Genealogist & Private Investigator
Family Detective, LLC
PO Box 350877
Westminster, CO  80035-0877
(303) 422-9371