[APG Public List] Re: [APG Members] Occupation in Census

JFonkert at aol.com JFonkert at aol.com
Tue Feb 9 13:39:21 MST 2010

Thanks, Nora.  I was fine on 1840.  I just wasn't looking  carefully enough
on 1820.

In a message dated 2/9/2010 2:33:27 P.M. Central Standard Time,
auntlizzie at snet.net writes:

Jay,

Each family has information on 2 pages on the 1840 census.  On page 2 the
the third main header, after "Slaves" and "Total" gives 7  columns of
occupations in which members of the household may be employed.  It is
hard to read on images of the census. Download a blank form from
ancestry.com to read the exact wording of the headings.

Nora  Galvin
Bridgeport, Conn.