[APG Public List] Land Indenture Language

Barbara Vines Little, CG bvlittle at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 9 07:41:07 MST 2010

Typically the party of the first part; however, you need to read the
whole deed to determine what is happening. As Michael notes, in a fee
simple deed, the seller (grantor) signs the deed. The deed index also
provides clues. Who is listed as the grantor in the index?

One of the most useful tools in studying land transactions is a title
examiner's handbook for the state of interest. These can usually be
purchased second-hand at a very reasonable price.

Barbara Vines Little, CG
PO Box 1273
Orange, VA 22960
bvlittle at earthlink.net