[APG Public List] Required Age of female witness to marriage 1806 Virginia

Barbara Vines Little, CG bvlittle at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 8 18:59:43 MST 2010

English common law required witnesses to be of the age of reason which
was usually established as 14 but could be earlier. See Giles Jacob, _A
New Law Dictionary: Containing the Interpretation and Definition of
Words and Terms Used in the Law..._ (1744; reprint, Clark, N.J.: The LAw
Book Exchange, 2004), not paginated; see entry under age.

Barbara Vines Little, CG
PO Box 1273
Orange, VA 22960
bvlittle at earthlink.net