[APG Public List] Required Age of female witness to marriage1806 Virginia-source and

CL Swope (alfonsa) alfonsa at cynthiaswope.com
Mon Feb 8 16:08:45 MST 2010

Kathy,
The source for this is "Marriages of Goochland County, Virginia,
1733-1815" , by Kathleen Booth Williams, found in limited preview,
Google Books. Unfortunately, the pages before the entry are not included
in the preview, so what is being referred to for the following is not
entirely clear. It reads: “27 May 1806. Neil McCoull and Julia Logan.
James Carter is Julia’s guardian. Sur. William Miller. Wit. M. Hunnicutt
and Harriot Logan. Married 1 June by Rev. Charles Hopkins. p. 93”.

Limited preview so the Book is not shown, but he page it is found on is.
7663. Marriages of Goochland County, Virginia, 1733-1815 , By Kathleen
Booth Williams, Marriage Record Neil McCoull and Julia Logan (Goochland
book unaccesible but page number noted 93) , originally published
Alexandria, Virginin 1960. Reprinted Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing
Co., 1979, 1986, (Limited preview, Google Books, accessed Feb 2010) ,
page 57.