[APG Public List] Santa Clara County, CA Death Certificate

CccoastResearch at aol.com CccoastResearch at aol.com
Fri Feb 5 15:23:23 MST 2010

Mara:

I have a subscription to VitalSearch which provides the California Death
Index 1905-1929 and 1930-1939 online.  If the person of interest died in Santa
Clara or a nearby county I can get an informational copy of the death
certificate for you.  I would possibly be interested in an exchange for a Los
Angeles County record.

Sheila Prader

In a message dated 2/5/2010 10:49:49 AM Pacific Standard Time,
genealogysource at yahoo.com writes:

> I am looking for the death certificate of a gentleman who died between
> 1932 and 1940 in San Jose, Santa Clara, California.  I've got him on the 1930
> U.S. Census and on the 1932 San Jose Voter Registration List and then he
> disappears.  He does not appear in the California Death Index which starts in
> 1940.  He was born circa 1863 in Denmark.  Does anyone know if the Santa
> Clara County Recorder will respond to a request for an 8 year range since I
> don't have a date of death?  I know some counties will and some won't.  If
> not, is anyone able to do a record locate for me?  I am also a professional
> genealogist and can pay for service or do an exchange (I am in Los
> Angeles).
>
> Mara Fein, PhD
> genealogysource at yahoo.com

Sheila Lee Prader
California Central Coast Family and Local History Research