[APG Public List] Santa Clara County, CA Death Certificate

Mara Fein genealogysource at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 5 11:34:06 MST 2010

I am looking for the death certificate of a gentleman who died between 1932 and 1940 in San Jose, Santa Clara, California.  I've got him on the 1930 U.S. Census and on the 1932 San Jose Voter Registration List and then he disappears.  He does not appear in the California Death Index which starts in 1940.  He was born circa 1863 in Denmark.  Does anyone know if the Santa Clara County Recorder will respond to a request for an 8 year range since I don't have a date of death?  I know some counties will and some won't.  If not, is anyone able to do a record locate for me?  I am also a professional genealogist and can pay for service or do an exchange (I am in Los Angeles).

Mara Fein, PhD
genealogysource at yahoo.com