[APG Public List] Anyone bought a "Direct Text" PDF from SUNY Press?

Debbie Parker Wayne debbie at debbiewayne.com
Wed Dec 22 08:50:01 MST 2010

Has anyone on the list ever purchased a "Direct Text" PDF from SUNY
Press such as the one listed here for Lisi Krall's new book /Proving Up:
Domesticating Land in U.S. History/:

<http://www.sunypress.edu/p-4987-proving-up.aspx>

The "Direct Text" link on the page indicates you get online access for
180 days. The site states a PDF can be downloaded during that time and
that you can print the PDF. It doesn't specifically state whether access
to the downloaded PDF file is limited to 180 days or if the limit only
applies to the online access. Before paying to download the PDF I want
to learn whether the file can still be read after 180 days has passed or
if I must print it to be able to read it later.

I thought I'd ask if anyone has experience with this service before
contacting the publisher directly to ask them.

I blogged about this book after reading the review on History Net at:

<http://www.h-net.org/reviews/showrev.php?id=30796>

The books sounds very interesting and seems to be another example of
family history intersecting with "big picture" history.

--
Regards, Debbie

Debbie Parker Wayne, CG^(sm)
-- Wayne Research <http://debbiewayne.com/>

CG, Certified Genealogist is a service mark of the Board for
Certification of Genealogists^(®) , used under license by board
certificants after periodic evaluation. The board name is registered in
the US Patent & Trademark Office.