[APG Public List] Definition of "head of household"

Everett B Ireland ebireland at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 14 17:15:10 MST 2010

There are numerous references to head of family in an excellent book on
the US Census;
http://books.google.com/books?id=mEwUAAAAYAAJ&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=snippet&q=head%20of%20family&f=false.
The full title is: The history and growth of the United States census:
prepared for the Senate committee on the census, by C.D. Wright ...
assisted by W.C. Hunt ...(1900).
See page 134 for more details of head of family in 1820 Census.
The book is available at booksGoogle.com.
Everett Ireland

--
Everett B. Ireland, CG
CG, Certified Genealogist, is a service mark of the Board for Certification of Genealogists used under