[APG Public List] [APG Members] Public family trees

eshown at comcast.net eshown at comcast.net
Fri Dec 3 08:12:33 MST 2010

Mary wrote:

>I've enjoyed this thread on public family trees. Some months ago I decided
to take a pro-active stance on this subject by posting (very slowly, as I
have time) 4 trees, one for each grandparent, to Ancestry, complete with
documents, citations, photographs, etc. as an example for the 'name
collectors' to follow. I ignore most hints that refer to either an
undocumented tree, or the old Yale collection, now known as US records or
some such. I use the 'stories' section for proof arguments for conflicting
data. It's a way for me to preserve what I've researched.

Mary, yours is a model we all should follow-and one, I'll admit, I have not
invested as much time into as I should. Thank you for nudging us.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Shown Mills, CG, CGL, FASG
Tennessee