[APG Public List] Geni, "breaking family news, " and a test of your skill as a genealogist

eshown at comcast.net eshown at comcast.net
Thu Dec 2 14:04:35 MST 2010

Jeanette,

Thanks for posting this valuable caution. Would that it could be read by all who play what James Tanner aptly calls video-game genealogy (http://www.genealogywise.com/profiles/blogs/click-and-claim-the-genealogy).

Incidentally, there was no “J” involved in the message I posted. I’m guessing that the funny face I added to the end of my first sentence was converted to “J” by your plain-text viewer, leaving the impression that my first line had been initialed by someone. It definitely wasn’t the initial of the great guru of video-game genealogy whom I impersonally (and, yes, somewhat uncharitably) referenced.

Elizabeth