[APG Public List] APG List Purpose & Guidelines

Ray Beere Johnson II raybeere at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 1 11:15:10 MST 2010

Larry;
     The exact answer would depend on the exact filters applied to your e-mail. Your web host, your e-mail provider, the e-mail app you use, all these may apply their own filters. (Not all web hosts filter e-mail; most e-mail providers do, and many apps include their own filtering options.)
     I don't see anything about the formatting of this particular message that is likely to trigger spam filters. On the other hand, most filters are tripped by certain words or phrases, or even the overall tone of the message. I think this sounds like "boilerplate", and so it trips filters. At least, that's my best guess. Another possibility, assuming the filter in question is set to "learn" - as many are at this point - is simply that the message keeps turning up. When 'self-learning' filters see the same message repeated, they presume it is spam. If this happens often enough, the entire domain might be flagged as originating spam, but that will depend on even more factors.
                           Ray Beere Johnson II