[APG Public List] Private email

eshown at comcast.net eshown at comcast.net
Tue Aug 31 21:54:46 MDT 2010

Jeanette:

For the record:

A. I did not and would not have called you a liar. We are all human and
humans tend to remember matters differently. When someone's recollection
differs from mine, in a public way that involves me, I ask for a
clarification. I would hope that I do so tactfully. If I don't, then I would
fault myself---and others would fault me for it.

B. I was not aware that you or Larry were asked to leave the TGF-list until
well after it happened.

In Craig's case, I am aware of his departure only because he e-mailed me
personally a short while ago. I found that message about 45 minutes ago and
responded to him personally, expressing my sincere thought that I will miss
him on the list. Since then I've received two more "mass mailings" about the
situation, with my name included on the "to" line.

I will not comment further upon either of your experiences. I would
appreciate it if you would not include me in these group mailings. Jeanette,
you and I have long known each other and I've appreciated much you have done
in the field. Craig, I known for far fewer years and only via the lists,
we've never met personally, but I have valued many of the contributions he
has made to the lists. I would prefer to remain friends and colleagues with
both of you without the drama.

Most sincerely,
Elizabeth

Elizabeth Shown Mills, CG, CGL, FASG