[APG Public List] LDS Microfiche

DonnDevine at aol.com DonnDevine at aol.com
Mon Aug 23 16:55:04 MDT 2010

Ah, those references to the FHL Locality Catalog on microfiche bring  back
fond memories of many Saturdays at the local Family History Center.

In those pre-Internet days, I believe I can attribute 90% of my successful
research to a start from the Locality Catalog. I still find a FamilySearch
library catalog "Place Search" a more fruitful way to start than with an
online name search.

Donn

Donn Devine,  CG, CGL
Wilmington DE

CG, Certified Genealogist, CGL, and Certified  Genealogical Lecturer are
service marks of the Board for Certification of  Genealogists, used under
license by board certificants after periodic  evaluation, and the board name is
registered in the US Patent & Trademark  Office.