[APG Public List] LDS Microfiche

Craig Kilby persisto at live.com
Sun Aug 22 21:21:33 MDT 2010

All,

Thank you all for your advice and explanations, but I am still getting nowhere with identifying what these microfiche titles mean. Perhaps if I load one up and look at some of the pages, I can get an idea.

But here are some random examples

Line One:	Family History Library, Locality Catolog 22 MAR 88, 0060
Line Two:	(smaller font): England, York, Sheffield, Genealogy, (very small number) 0230

Line One:	Family History Library, Locality Catalog 28 MAR 88, 0001
Line Two:	Vifginia, (small number) 0854

Here is a series:

Line One: 	Family History Library, Locality Catalog, 22 MAR 88,	000
Line Two:	Scotland - Civil Registration, 0728

(Leaving out the Family History Library words on line one):

Line One: 	Locality Catalog, 22 MAR 88, 0002
LIne Two:	Scotland - Civil Registration, 0729

Line One:	Locality Catalog, 22 MAR 88, 0003
Line Two:	Scotland - Military Records - Army, 0730

Line One:	Locality Catalog, 22 MAR 88, 0004
Line Two:	Scotland, Banff, Keith - Church History, 0731

Line One:	Locality Catalog, 22 MAR 88, 0005
Line Two:	Scotland, Lanark, Govan - Occupations, 0732

Line One:	Locality Catalog, 22 MAR 88, 0006
Line Two:	Scotland - Shetland - Population, 0733

========

The top number seems to refer only to the microfich page with this certain record collection. The 2nd numbers seem to follow consecutively as well, but to what they refer I am cluess.

I have typed in just the titles on line two but only end uup a very broad result and if it remotely matches, it is never fo microfiche.

If anyone can explain this code to me, I'll be very grateful. I don't relish the though of reading 500 sheets of microfiche when surely there is a catalog for these SOMEWHERE.

Craig Kilby
Lancaster, VA