[APG Public List] Revolutionary War records

Patti Hobbs plhgenealogy at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 21:33:23 MDT 2010

Ellie, you might want to read up on this topic.  There are a couple of good
standbys for land and military: U.S. Military Records by James C. Neagles
and Land & Property Research in the United States by E. Wade Hone. Bounty
land offered by states for service in the Revolutionary War are indexed in
Revolutionary War Bounty Land Grants by Lloyd Bockstruck although it may be
that you've already used that since you know that he got land. Lloyd tells
all the sources he used to compile his list.

The best online source that I know of for RW service and pensions is
Footnote.com.

Patti