[APG Public List] [APG Members] Greece - Peloponnese

Meredith Hoffman / GenerationsWeb mhoffman at generationsweb.com
Fri Aug 20 09:40:03 MDT 2010

The Nice translator has a Greek translator. I've tried the Belarus and
Hebrew translators and was pretty impressed. As with any machine
translation, it's by no means perfect, and you have to be willing to
read between and around the lines sometimes, but I've certainly been
able to get the gist of most sentences and paragraphs I've tried it
on, and for straightforward language it's not bad.

It will also translate _into_ the languages you have configured as
translators. I haven't had a chance to try that -- the only language
I'm competent enough in to judge its performance is French and at some
point I mean to test that out; I'd also like to test with several
native speakers how well it translates into Hebrew and Russian.

But given how reasonably it translates into English from various
languages, it likely does a good enough job that in a pinch you could
use it to communicate with the Greek site.

--Meredith

Meredith Hoffman / GenerationsWeb
Plymouth, MA

JGSGB Publicity Chair