[APG Public List] [APG Members] Genealogical relationships for adoptee families

Debra Mieszala debfamhist at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 16 16:01:06 MDT 2010

I am sure I will regret jumping back in. However, I feel that Eileen is correct.

Think about what is being implied with the love line/blood line terminology. The implication is that a person can only have one or the other. To imply that birth (or blood) parents and family members do not love the children that they are unable to raise is unfair and judgmental, and is not a message to give to a relinquished child.

Perhaps nurturing line would be less harsh. How about simply calling them family? Love needs to be given and felt to be real, not named.

Debbie Mieszala, CG(sm)