[APG Public List] Background on anywhere at any time...

helen helen at rockymountains.net
Fri Aug 13 14:44:47 MDT 2010

I cannot resist adding my 2¢. Years ago while in the midst of an
in-depth search of county land records, my curiosity was peaked by a few
entries regarding a Johnson vs (I believe) County Sheriff. If I'm
remembering correctly, there was only a volume number and page number
after the listing - no ID for type of land record. (Johnson is the
correct surname but all given names will be made up.)

Of course, I had to look at one of them. What a surprise! It was a
notarized statement from a Mrs. Jane Johnson stating that she was then
the wife of John Johnson. Her children, with names and ages given, were
her children by her first husband Tom Johnson.

Always look at land records.
Helen B