[APG Public List] Nicki Peak Birch appointed BCG Executive Director

Laura DeGrazia degrazia at optonline.net
Sun Aug 8 08:01:25 MDT 2010

The trustees of the Board for Certification of GenealogistsR announce the
appointment of Nicki Peak Birch, CG(SM), of Vienna, Virginia, as BCG's next
Executive Director (ED). Nicki will assume the role of ED in September 2010
when Lynn C. McMillion, Certified Genealogist(SM) Emeritus, retires after
nearly a decade in the position.

Nicki holds an AAS in data processing from Northern Virginia Community
College; a BA in sociology from Beloit College in Wisconsin; and an MBA in
operations research from the American University in Washington, DC. She
worked for twenty years as a computer systems analyst and programmer, and is
a Certified Computer Professional. A genealogical researcher since 1980,
Nicki has an impressive history of involvement in the genealogical
community.  Soon after she accepted her first client in 1994 she joined the
Association of Professional Genealogists. She served as the National Capital
Area Chapter secretary, chapter representative, and treasurer. Over the
years she has actively participated in many other organizations, including
the National Genealogical Society (NGS), the Daughters of the American
Revolution (DAR), the Fairfax (Virginia) Genealogical Society, and the
National Institute on Genealogical Research (NIGR) Alumni Association. She
is a member of twenty-two lineage organizations and is currently serving as
an officer in five of them.

In addition to researching and volunteering, Nicki makes time for
professional development. She is a graduate of the Salt Lake Institute of
Genealogy's Intermediate United States Research course; the Virginia
Institute of Genealogical Research; NIGR; NGS American Genealogy; and the
Institute of Genealogy and Historical Research's Advanced Methodology and
Evidence Analysis course. She earned her certification through BCG in 2007.
Her case study, "Tracking Basil Williams of Maryland and Pennsylvania
through Changing Residences and Multiple Marriages," was published in the
_National Genealogical Society Quarterly_ in 2008.

Nicki's analytical abilities, organizational skills, and leadership
experience make her well-suited for the position of BCG Executive Director.
As we bid farewell to Lynn-the ever-efficient, ever-cheerful Executive
Director we've come to know over the last decade-we look forward to working
with Nicki. We hope you will join us as we welcome her in her new role.

Laura Murphy DeGrazia, CG*
President, Board for Certification of Genealogists

*CG, Certified Genealogist is a service mark of the Board for Certification
of Genealogists, used under license by board certificants after periodic
evaluation, and the board name is registered in the US Patent & Trademark
Office.

database 5349 (20100807) __________

http://www.eset.com