[APG Public List] New York Question

Patti Hobbs plhgenealogy at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 07:13:13 MDT 2010

I think I can answer that part.  I found a Google book "The Refugees of 1776
from Long Island to Connecticut" which uses a footnote of "H 10."  It refers
to Appendix H in that book which lists the associations which are numbered.
Orange Webb is listed at H 10 which further says that those listed there
were signers on multiple lists.

Those lists may be at the New York State Library.  Here is an old book which
catalogs material found at the New York State Library:
http://www.archive.org/details/cu31924029558677.  On page 109 appears "Oaths
of Allegiance and Abjuration subscribed by Lord Dunmore, Gov. William Tryon,
Gouverneur Morris, Peter W. Yates et al. 1776."  However, since that list
was created in 1856, they may have been moved elsewhere by now. My first
thought was that they would be in the New York Archives. But the listing of
holdings at their site was not specific enough to tell. I'd email those two
entities to see if they can tell you.

Patti