[APG Public List] New York Question

Alvie L. Davidson CG floridasearch at verizon.net
Fri Apr 9 03:46:40 MDT 2010

Good morning all NY Researchers

I see many references to men signing The Association in 1775.  In Southold,
Long Island, NY I find the name of Orange Webb as a signer but I cannot find
any place that I might see the comprehensive list.  Does anyone know where
this might be viewable.  One actual photocopy of another list was actually a
hand written list with about 100 names on it.  This Association was supposed
to be a list where men signed an oath of renouncing their allegiance to the
King of Great Britain and supporting the Continental Congress.

I keep seeing things like this "The Association" H 10 or H 32 but none of
these references explain these letters and numbers.  I thought maybe someone
who has worked with NY in the time frame of the American Revolution might
have a better handle on these references.

Thanks

Alvie L. Davidson CG
Lakeland, Florida
http://alviesgenealogyspot.blogspot.com