[APG Public List] Genealogical Societies

Johnny Bradley bradleyjohnny32 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 6 12:19:52 MDT 2010

Hello All,

I am the president of our genealogical society here in Mississippi County, Missouri. The society has existed for about 25+ years. After I joined twelve years ago, the few members who were with the group told me that there just was not as much interest. At one time we had 60 to 70 members and most of them were from outside this area. We are now at the point that we no longer have meetings and have stopped publishing our MUDDY ROOTS quarterly magazine.

My opinion is that people have other things they would rather be doing. Also, the society we live in now, people have schedules, work hours are different and the digital age in which people think they can just sit down in front of there computer and find all of there ancestry.

Johnny Bradley

President-Mississippi County Genealogical Society, MO.